• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Colchester 5x20 Chipmaster

An English wheel is at the top of my tool wish list.
Ask & ye shall receive...

One just down the road from you:

Looks like a really nice one:

Use a great big ball bearing unit as the flat wheel, and use the pivot of your compound slide, to turn varying radii for the curved wheels. The rest is just scaling the rigidity to the size you want to work with!

If you want to make car body panels, you probably want to be looking at a frame cut and welded of 3/4-1 inch plate with a lot of gussets and reinforcement, but if you want to only do smaller stuff, a frame of thick wall rectangular tube will do just fine.

I'll try to find my pictures of the one we had at work, and one made by a friend of mine (who used it to make half scale tanks for his half scale Harley bikes.
Definitely want to make body parts (hell, I wouldn't mind making the whole leggy blonde) :oops: :rolleyes: ....... Would love to see any and all pictures of home/shop built ones for ideas.....

Ask & ye shall receive...

One just down the road from you:

Looks like a really nice one:

That yellow cast iron one looks nice, but I haven't seen one with a crank handle before, I don't think I like that aspect of it.....

Back