• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Coaxial Indicator

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I'm on Amazon looking at these and the prices are all over the place for ones with the same pictures.
The Accusize is kinda on my list as it has some good reviews and I don't see a $70 unit being any good.

I don't have the need or want for a $1,000 Blake unit but something functional would be nice. I'd also look at a good used one but haven't seen one anywhere.

Opinions and options appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
I have the white faced version of the accusize one. I would say it is pretty on par with most of their items. Works well enough, especially for the price, but does not have the feel or finish of a more premium product.

The Haimer is a nice option but more $ than I want to spend.

but does not have the feel or finish of a more premium product.
$180 doesn't get you much these days, as long as it works reasonably well I'll be happy.
I recently bought the KBC height gauge for about the same $ and the fine adjust on it is a joke, the threading is crap and the stud looks like it was done hammer and chisel.

I'm on Amazon looking at these and the prices are all over the place for ones with the same pictures.
The Accusize is kinda on my list as it has some good reviews and I don't see a $70 unit being any good.

I don't have the need or want for a $1,000 Blake unit but something functional would be nice. I'd also look at a good used one but haven't seen one anywhere.

Opinions and options appreciated. Thanks
I bought this one about a year ago and while I have no experience with any other, I strongly suspect all the Asian origin ones are basically the same and may come out of the same factory. Mine appears to be well made. I've only tried it a few times to learn how to use it. Never "really used" it, it was bought to satisfy my tool/measuring addiction.

HFS (R) Coaxial Centering Indicator Co-Ax Precision Milling Machine Test Dial CNC https://a.co/d/dQIwtyt

I had a Chinese copy about 15 years ago. It wasn't great quality. Bezel always fell off, poor fit of stylus & holder & thumbscrew, sticky mechanism, needed TLC to run right. Maybe they have since improved. I sold it when I got a used / condition Blake. Better components. When I got a good quality DTI & Nogaflex I sold the Blake. With the arm I can generally center features quicker & more efficiently, plus it offers other utility like setting up mill head to table. IMO the disadvantages of the Blake style are:
- they hog up a lot of vertical real estate so you are raising & lowering the head to accommodate the unit. takes more time
- you often gave to fiddle with selecting the right stylus for the job vs Noga arm gets positioned & just one knob to tighten, boom done
- you have to run the Blake under power vs arm just swing back & forth
- you have to fiddle with the stylus tension to get it to register dial range but a bit too much & it can leave skid marks on aluminum or softer alloys. Maybe its their springs?
- I recall you had to screw that stationary arm into the body & hold its hand while spindle is running?
- you are locked into dial resolution whereas different DTI can be selected for the job (more accuracy if required)

Some people use them in lathes to center parts as well, but I have never found a job that a DTI could not do as good or better

1670872006753.webp

Mine is similar , I'm happy with the quality of it for something that's made in Asia , It's another Ebay purchase from about 15 years ago .

When I first got it I broke the dainty little feeler holder in a moment of hamfistedness , it was a chinesium part that would have hade a short life anyways , I made a new one and it's holding up just fine.

I bought one once it was stolen along with other stuff before I used it ( The owner never lost nothing hmmm ).

Back