• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

CNC Mill Operational

My CNC conversion is operational, YAHOO!! Still needs a little tweaking on some of the controls, primarily speed control, works sort of.

The good news its producing parts, accurately.

G-code little bit of a learning curve but Intercon writes it based on your requirements, it runs well but is not the most optimized path, again tweaking the path with greatly reduce run times.

For those that don't know I converted a BB CT054 mill with ACORN CNC and Teknic Clearpath SDSK servos. Mill needed a few modifications, mostly to ensure bearing retainers didn't pop under the torque of the servos. 2553AB9A-F5E6-4BAD-A645-8F422FE1C378.jpeg A891C54D-C5A2-411B-9325-C253A374A885.jpeg F05CF68C-6242-4B27-9310-CFC6EE971008.jpeg CBBB1AA1-E4F1-4542-A897-940E6A070A1F.jpeg 50586CAB-706F-42D7-86B5-D350A167968F.jpeg

Last edited:

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Congrats! I really like that coolant ring. When I get caught up on some other projects I am stealing that idea for my tormach.

Shoveling chips sucks, but it's still a pretty good feeling when you made a pile of them without having to stand there cranking handles.

Ball screws arrived, leave on holidays Sat. (Doing some diving in Cuba), log in and introduce myself from Cuba and p!$$ of a few short sight members :oops:;):cool:.
When I get back, start laying out the new parts and additional parts that need to be made. Like set up a shaft grinder on the lathe (another project, sigh) to tweak the length of the screws to perfect size.