CNC Haas lathe wanted

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi everyone

I’m trying to source a Haas cnc lathe or turning centre. Something not too big like a SL-10 or a ST-10 for example. I have a haas mill so this is a complementary machine for it.

If you have any leads for me please let me know.
Thank you everyone!
John

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
He is asking 16500. But one can try for less - so he says. Janger probably knows pricing better then me - feels touch expensive for 2005 - is it not?

Phaneron

Scott
To my knowledge Haas no longer supports controllers on machines older than 2007, so if there is a board issue it will need to be retrofitted with a new controller, which can be expensive.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
To my knowledge Haas no longer supports controllers on machines older than 2007, so if there is a board issue it will need to be retrofitted with a new controller, which can be expensive.
Scott - how do you know this? That’s important Info I would like to confirm.

Phaneron

Scott
Scott - how do you know this? That’s important Info I would like to confirm.
I can't find any official documents from Haas, but I have read from many people on different forums that pre Coldfire II controllers are no longer supported by Haas.

To my knowledge the history of Haas controllers is
~2006 Coldfire 1
~2008 Coldfire 2
2015 NGC

Haas phased in the new Coldfire 2 to different machines overtime around 2008. Haas does not support Coldfire 1 controllers anymore. Best way to make sure you have a supported controller is get the serial number of the machine and ask your local HFO what controller is on it.