• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

CNC Haas lathe wanted

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi everyone

I’m trying to source a Haas cnc lathe or turning centre. Something not too big like a SL-10 or a ST-10 for example. I have a haas mill so this is a complementary machine for it.

If you have any leads for me please let me know.
Thank you everyone!
John

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
He is asking 16500. But one can try for less - so he says. Janger probably knows pricing better then me - feels touch expensive for 2005 - is it not?

Phaneron

Scott
To my knowledge Haas no longer supports controllers on machines older than 2007, so if there is a board issue it will need to be retrofitted with a new controller, which can be expensive.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
To my knowledge Haas no longer supports controllers on machines older than 2007, so if there is a board issue it will need to be retrofitted with a new controller, which can be expensive.
Scott - how do you know this? That’s important Info I would like to confirm.

Phaneron

Scott
Scott - how do you know this? That’s important Info I would like to confirm.
I can't find any official documents from Haas, but I have read from many people on different forums that pre Coldfire II controllers are no longer supported by Haas.

To my knowledge the history of Haas controllers is
~2006 Coldfire 1
~2008 Coldfire 2
2015 NGC

Haas phased in the new Coldfire 2 to different machines overtime around 2008. Haas does not support Coldfire 1 controllers anymore. Best way to make sure you have a supported controller is get the serial number of the machine and ask your local HFO what controller is on it.