• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

CNC Cookbook tutorials?

Has anyone read the free courses CNC Cookbook offers?
I've read on various sites that they are well done?
Just wanted some educated opinions.
If not these, what others are decent for a beginner?
Ken

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Since starting to modify G-Code (after the built in software has done the hard part) for tool path optimization, I now use CNC wizard (bought the life time version) to see (tool path) and modify (code) it simultaneously. Yes there is a free online alternative (for you cheap, I mean thrifty individuals), but modification is a little more difficult (couple of more steps). For the extra cost its better use of my time (and cheaper than MasterCam, though this is the ultimate goal).

What I have learned is G (and M) code is control specific for best operation. While generic functionality is similar execution is not and for this it is good that whatever simulator you use it uses your machines code version.

Yes Solidworks and Fusion360 can do this but your code still needs optimization hence these alternatives (MasterCam, automated coding, optimisation and visualization, CNC Wizard more towards visualization and tweaking for less complex objects).