• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

clock charging batteries

J

james matheson

I made a clock charge batteries, turn on a light, charge my cellphone, charge my drill, operate a small lathe and more . I need the piece made professionally in hopes I ( or anyone) can market the piece
here is an example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX34d7zC9SQ&feature=youtu.be
This was a $1 motor
here is how it can be made with a 3d printer
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:38787
You would need to add more gears and attach a spring, it is very simple I just lag in a few areas that stops
me from making the piece professionally
I am trying to have the piece made professionally
At this point I have paid multiple people and I am giving them a swiss maxon geared motor that costs
$50 because it was pre geared ( the $1 motor make a lot more sense but in order for anyone to use the $1 motor they would have to add more gears which isn't difficult but it is for some like myself)
There is a serious need to for this product everywhere
So if anyone gets a hand crank dynamo and put it on a clock you will be very successful ( and hopefully include me somehow) and when you build a tree house you will be able to have a light anytime you want without having to stand in the sun, without having to use batteries and without having to use a hand crank or attaching outlets
I made one model work for 2 hours and if I had very enthusiastic people around me I could have made the piece work indefinitely ,
I hope someone will make this piece professionally, it is urgently needed