Clickspring doing amazing things

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Somewhat unrelated, but do you happen to know - on Youtube, when you see 'other channels you should check out' at the bottom of their main screen (using Tommy's channel for example) are these the Channels own recommendations or YouTube algorithm recommendations?

View attachment 45044
Pretty sure it's the algorithm.
I keep my history turned off to avoid getting swamped with nothing but recommendations similar to what I just watched.
Vaguely annoying because then I can't resume a video at the same point I stopped watching but still worth it.

trevj

Ultra Member
Me too re: picky, which is why I seldom spend the time to watch Clicksping's videos. They are lovely eye candy and click-bait but seldom actually teach you anything. For actual learning I watch people such as Tommy Jobson, who is a professional clock/watch builder/restorer. His videos are a side line to his business, not the business itself.
Clickspring's Discord is an uncontrolled mess so it doesn't help with learning. Long time since I paid on his Patreon so no idea what might be there.

gerrit
Thanks for the pointer to Jobson. I watched through one of his shop videos, it was pretty interesting, though I did not find that it 'taught' me anything (FWIW, I watched the video of making a chronometer escape wheel).
I did however, begin to form an opinion on the fella's workmanship, though it may just have been a bad first impression...