• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

clicking on a contact name/icon bug?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
When I clicked on someone's user name name to initiate a conversation, it displayed part of another conversation that I probably should not be seeing. I suspect a bug.
If one of the admins wants to reach out to me I can provide a screen grab.

When I clicked on someone's user name name to initiate a conversation, it displayed part of another conversation that I probably should not be seeing. I suspect a bug.
If one of the admins wants to reach out to me I can provide a screen grab.

Sure Peter, PM a screen grab to me.

It hasn't been a problem for me yet, but....

when I tried to PM eotrfish, was within his chuck ad so maybe issue related to Classified section?

Attachments

• SNAG-2023-03-05 9.04.47 AM.jpg
    SNAG-2023-03-05 9.04.47 AM.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 8
That's a profile post you are seeing Peter, not a PM. When you click on an avatar or user name, you get a bunch of things. The first is profile posts.

Probably @Frcsc6el8 mistook a profile post as a private message. If you just start typing instead of clicking start conversation, that's what would happen.

It all looks ok to me but prolly best not to use profile or status as a communication tool.

I will edit the post to remove personal info just in case.

Last edited:
Back