Clausing Colchester 13x40 $8910 Langley BC

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Ad text:
13" x 40" Gap Bed Center Lathe manufactured by CLAUSING in 1999. 12 spindle speeds ranging from 58 to 2500 rpm, a horsepower of 3hp and a distance between centers of 40" The swing over ways is 13", the swing over carriage is 8.25", and the bore diameter is 1.5" Voltage is 230 volts and is 3-phase.
Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 3.47.28 PM.png

trevj

Ultra Member
Ad text:
13" x 40" Gap Bed Center Lathe manufactured by CLAUSING in 1999. 12 spindle speeds ranging from 58 to 2500 rpm, a horsepower of 3hp and a distance between centers of 40" The swing over ways is 13", the swing over carriage is 8.25", and the bore diameter is 1.5" Voltage is 230 volts and is 3-phase.
View attachment 34622
<cough> Made in China for Colchester/ 600 Group, sold by Clausing with their sticker on it!

Not that it helps a fella find the missing parts!

We had two of the 'new generation' Colchester Vari-speed lathes in the last shop I worked in. They were pretty nice to use, and a far cry above the typical Busy Bee grade import stuff.

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
Very beautiful lathe, lack of chuck is not a problem, the tail seat is more troublesome, although for some technical mechanical engineers can process one, but a little cumbersome. And I think this is a lightweight lathe, the split bed makes it easy to move, not suitable for heavy turning, I prefer the older, rounder-looking lathe