• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

ClampTite tool

BMW Rider

Super User
I've seen several home made versions of these handy wire clamping tools, so I figured I'd have a go at making one myself. Turned this out yesterday in a couple hours from plain steel. I wanted it mostly to carry on my motorcycle for emergency repairs, but now I'm thinking I'll do a second one of corrosion resistant materials for that and just keep this one in the shop. clamptite.jpg

EricB

Never heard of them, I just looked them up. Very cool tool and yours looks great! What material are you planning on?

lazyazz

Very good BMW Rider,
I had never heard of one either (sheltered life I guess)....
looked it up on you tube "ClampTite Wire Clamp Tool | SEMA Show Preview".
Very cool, and yours looks like it will so do the trick.
Extremely handy tool for the car, trailer, motorcycle or anywhere in the shop..uses are endless..!!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Well that's a neat and simple tool I've never seen before! I too had to Google it to see how it was used. I would like to make one....anyone have a set of plans ?

Don

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nicely done BMW Rider! I like the use of the spring (roll) pins in your first version. Simple, effective, and strong.

Now i just have to go out and make one myself. I have two spools of SS Safety Wire in my toolbox already.

John Conroy

Premium Member
clamps%20tight%20tool_zpsuq8sgyqt.png