• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Circle cutting tool

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
BECACCA5-9FE7-422E-BB80-6BE0B171BC17.jpeg 80D43AAB-AB26-4B7C-A4D7-BC88C4DD667C.jpeg F5FCE666-8700-4551-B81F-FCAF06B8A684.jpeg
Started gathering bits for this today. All told I’m out $7 and some fuel in the pickup.

The cutting torch tip doesn’t fit in either chunk of round tube, so I’ll have to chuck the thick walled one in a lathe and punch it out. I’m thinking 1/2-3/4” total length when done, then weld it to the end

The piece that slides on the rod I think I’m going to find something thick wall, or solid stock, that I can tap threads into directly. Then I can use a bolt and a jam nut

I think I need to figure out how high I need the torch tip to be off the material being cut, then the two support legs get cut a little longer to give me that clearance

Feel free to chime in, I’m just winging this, I don’t feel there’s a right or wrong way to go about this

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
646AA5E8-62DF-4515-8E1B-5F23BA2F4AB0.jpeg
Here’s where we got with this. I’m guessing the height needs to be adjusted, on the pin where it rotates. Maybe we’ll finally get to try this out, soon

Man, there needs to be a record for dragging out projects.