Churchill Cub Mk III lathe for sale

Rauce

Ultra Member
I only have room for one lathe and I’m picking up a project machine in a couple weeks.

I bought this from a fab shop in Scarborough about three years ago. I gave it a good cleaning and did some minor repairs. Changed the original 480v motor out for a 240v 3 phase. Original was 1.5hp, I had a 1hp in it for a while and then bought a brand new 2hp motor for it last year. Has a 2hp import VFD from amazon which will be included.

Comes with a 6” BSA 3 jaw chuck, 6” shars 4 jaw, original Pratt 9” 4 jaw, accusize 5c collet chuck and an ER32 collet chuck that needs a little work to get fitted. 2 dead centres and a live Center will be included. I adapted an AXA import QCTP onto it which will be included along with 10 holders. I have the original 4 way tool post as well. Has original taper attachment as well but needs a bar to link it to the end of the bed in order to function.

Lathe is 13x24, mt3 in both spindle and tailstock with an A1-4 spindle nose. I have a copy of the manual as well.

Headstock gears and QC gearbox for feeds/threading are both fully functional. A change gear that allows for most common metric threads is there as well.

Carriage ways are in decent shape, tail stock ways are more worn. I have shimmed the tailstock to bring it as close to center within typical placement.

I tidied it up after I took this photo and made a video showing the included items and the lathe in operation, send me a message and I can provide a link.

Asking $1500 but open to offers. Giving you folks the first opportunity before posting to kijiji etc.

Attachments

• B946EB92-5AF4-4CCF-B0CD-14D2535A1D6C.jpeg
    B946EB92-5AF4-4CCF-B0CD-14D2535A1D6C.jpeg
    639 KB · Views: 181

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

Hamilton, On​

b946eb92-5af4-4ccf-b0cd-14d2535a1d6c-jpeg.22454

Gordie

Very useful size Rauce. Tony Griffiths at lathes.co.uk has a lengthy history and details of construction at churchill-cub
I was considering a Standard Modern 1334 but this will suit my space better. Very well equipped, don't put it on Kijiji just yet!

Rauce

Ultra Member
Very useful size Rauce. Tony Griffiths at lathes.co.uk has a lengthy history and details of construction at churchill-cub
I was considering a Standard Modern 1334 but this will suit my space better. Very well equipped, don't put it on Kijiji just yet!
Yup, I read that when I bought the machine and then I bought the manual from Tony.

I forgot to mention that I have a shop made indicator holder for the carriage ways that will be included as well.

Attachments

• FDA3C7F7-2239-4A39-9277-E0D1DF570BC3.jpeg
    FDA3C7F7-2239-4A39-9277-E0D1DF570BC3.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 5

mikefrost

Looks like a machine that I could use. I presently have a 13 x 48 South Bend that is a bit to large for my space.
Now if I could find a new home for the South Bend ( has 2 HP , VFD, 3 jaw, 4 jaw, steady rest .etc) for $1200,
I'd take the Churchill.
Mike
( in Toronto)