• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

North America Cheap hacksaw blades wanted

North America
Type
Product

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I need about 45 12" hacksaw blades to make the cutting bed for my laser.
I thought Princess Auto would would have cheap bulk blades but no luck. Amazon has packs of 10 but delivery is March 31 to April 25 :O
Does anyone know of a source?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
What is important in this regard - the 12" length or existing end holes or saw tooth profile or HSS or? For example could you buy a bandsaw spool & cut what you need? Or if sawtooth wasnt important a spool of feeler gauge?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
It's the dimensions; 1/2 x 12 with holes in either end, and straightness of the blades. The thinness of the blades is also important as the laser beam will reflect back off a thicker piece.
This is what I'm trying to make.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 114838.png

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I see.
Well KBC is close although the dreaded shipping fee but 45*2.79=131$ & they have lots of stock, various TPI to choose if thats important. Will the paint affect anything?

1678478194093.png

rodm1

Thanks OP for the help the Email worked!! These may work but shipping may not they do have cheaper ones.

Last edited:

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Yes, it's very springy and wants to stay straight when it comes off the roll, but will bend easily without breaking. I think it would be perfectly serviceable for what you need it to do and it's a logistics waste product once it's served it's purpose. Maybe even a trip to the local box store might produce enough from the dumpster.