• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Changes in the "like" system?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
For some reason, the like system has changed on my phone. It used to be built into the bottom of the post. Now it's a separate banner beneath the post. I can't see any mention of it in the forum updates.

Was this deliberate or was it an accident of other changes?

Also, notifications still are not working well. If I refresh my browser I get a list of changes since my last refresh, but if I visit my followed posts, I often see new posts that never got a notification.

Not complaining guys, just making sure you know about it.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Also noticed that my profile avatar has changed too. It used to have a tiny green triangle in the top left corner. Now it has what looks like a profile icon in the bottom right corner.

No idea what either one was/is for.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member

Hey Craig, I'm sort of tagging along with this thread trying to keep up to the changes being made. Now I can't see who put up said Emoticons on the post.

Some frost overnight although nothing overly serious. How about where you are?

I fear when winter arrives it will hit right across the prairies with a huge blow out, Murphy's Law. LOL

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey Craig, I'm sort of tagging along with this thread trying to keep up to the changes being made. Now I can't see who put up said Emocoticons on the post.

I fear when winter arrives it will hit right across the prairies with a huge blow out. LOL

We have had frost for a week or two now. 5C and raining today. I'm kind of surprised it's not snow. Winter is just around the corner that's for sure.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hey Craig, I'm sort of tagging along with this thread trying to keep up to the changes being made. Now I can't see who put up said Emoticons on the post.

I fear when winter arrives it will hit right across the prairies with a huge blow out. LOL

Hey Craig, yes now I catch on to the new Emoticons function. Thanks!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hi @Janger.

Can you explain why @YYCHM and I both have a new little account profile icon on the bottom right of our avatar but @Dusty doesnt?

Are we on a S*** list or something?

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hi @Janger.

Can you explain why @YYCHM and I both have a new little account profile icon on the bottom right of our avatar but @Dusty doesnt?

Are we on a S*** list or something?

Poop list heaven forbid, I thought that's where I have been over the past 34 months.

Being logged on then reviewing this tread I find @Janger is the only one without an account profile bottom of his avatar. YYCHM posts most definitely has them if this helps, although one can view who's on line top right hand of forum page.

Notifications appear to be working again. Just saying.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The little green icon that looks like a person at the bottom right corner of your avatar.

Screenshot_20211023-204805_Chrome.jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
If you hover over that symbol it says "Online now"? Lots and Lots of stuff has changed:eek:

I see! That explains why you and I had it but @Dusty didn't.

I hardly ever use a pc to do anything on the internet anymore. I just use my phone. But since I can't "hover" on my phone, it does not do that for me. No biggie though.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

I hardly ever use a pc to do anything on the internet anymore. I just use my phone. But since I can't "hover" on my phone, it does not do that for me. No biggie though.

That's funny, I don't own an internet enabled phone LOL... Think 90's flip open cell phone:p Even texting is a PITA.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member

All you have to do is tap the green guy and it says "online" at least with my phone that's how it works.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
All you have to do is tap the green guy and it says "online" at least with my phone that's how it works.

Yup, mine does that now too. No idea why it didn't before. Might be an artifact of the way new features get rolled out.

Thanks @DPittman !

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hey guys, I see that there is another change that I really like.

Notifications are now individually highlighted until they are read. We don't need to read them sequentially any more. Even better, you can mark them read or unread individually if you want.

I still think I am missing notifications from time to time though.......