• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Carbide Endmills on Kijiji

Perry

Ultra Member
I'm not too sure if this is a great deal but it looks like it to me. :)

04bb3800-fa0b-46e2-9548-639fb11a27bf

"

Description​

Brand new left over stock from my business. Will ship anywhere in canada.
Sizes i have listed below.
--4 Flute (tiain coated)----
Sold out
-----3 Flute (uncoated)------
1.5 MM 55 pieces (4$ each) 2.5 MM 17 pieces (4$ each) 3 MM 74 pieces (4$ each) 3.5 MM 15 pieces (5$ each) 12 MM 17 pieces (20$ each)
1/8" 45 degree chamfer 50 Pieces (4$ each)
-----Ball endmill (2 flute tiain coated unless noted)--------
3MM 170 pieces (4$ each) 4MM 60 pieces (10$ each)
1/8" 82 pieces (4$ each) 3/8" 61 pieces (15$ each) 1/2" 2 Flute 23 pieces (20$ each) 1/2" 2 Flute uncoated 85 pieces (20$ each)
Sell at about 1/3 the cost of any other supplier! These are all solid carbide, NOT HSS. Great deal for any machine shop load up your milling machine tooling."

Perry

Ultra Member
I'm probably going to purchase a few of these. I'm in Calgary if anyone is interested and would like to save on shipping. Please let me know.

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
This is just my opinion... 2 flute endmills ( NFG these days, especially uncoated ) in aluminum 3 flute is the way to go.

I didn't look at the whole list but 4 flute ball nose also NFG these days... 2 flute is much better.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
This is just my opinion... 2 flute endmills ( NFG these days, especially uncoated ) in aluminum 3 flute is the way to go.

I didn't look at the whole list but 4 flute ball nose also NFG these days... 2 flute is much better.
Can I ask why nfg? I understand the uncoated part for aluminum but then I didn't even know there were 3 flute endmills.:rolleyes:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Nah too expensive. I can get cheaper 12mm EM off aliexpress and they work great. Shipped to my door they are at most 15 CAD.

If anyone wants some new coated 4 flute 12mm in Calgary I can get you some. Brand new, coated 12mm EM, carbide. 15 CAD.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member

Ya, I'm interested why you say NFG as well. Seems contradictory to what I've read & I seem to have better results with uncoated in aluminum. The bigger difference IMO is helix angle for aluminum orientated EMs. Mind you I'm not into CNC or push my tools so there's that.

1677612803359.png

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nah too expensive. I can get cheaper 12mm EM off aliexpress and they work great. Shipped to my door they are at most 15 CAD.

If anyone wants some new coated 4 flute 12mm in Calgary I can get you some. Brand new, coated 12mm EM, carbide. 15 CAD.
Metric shank also?

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
Can I ask why nfg? I understand the uncoated part for aluminum but then I didn't even know there were 3 flute endmills.:rolleyes:

By looking at them, you can see the grind as to what grade of carbide your getting and as to how long the edge will hold up.

Sounds like the seller will get a few bites here, for the guys that buy them, give the top of the shank a little touch on your green wheel. That should fill in the blanks for some as to why I say they are nfg.

If he thinks he is selling them for 1/3 of his cost for what your looking at, then he just paid a kings ransom for garbage carbide..

Last edited:

Engmaxx

(Michael)
By looking at them, you can see the grind as to what grade of carbide your getting and as to how long the edge will hold up.

Sounds like the seller will get a few bites here, for the guys that buy them, give the top of the shank a little touch on your green wheel. That should fill in the blanks for some as to why I say they are nfg.

If he thinks he is selling them for 1/3 of his cost for what your looking at, then he just paid a kings ransom for garbage carbide..
Are you saying they are all 'junk'? I am not questioning you, I just can't read between the lines and your experience seems deeper than mine. What exactly are you saying? Should I not bother with any of them (I don't have metric collets (yet) and I know some can be squeezed by imperial equiv's so this is a deterrent)? As Susquatch said, guy totally unresponsive which may be a blessing.

Last edited:

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
I will just say this.... for $45.
1 of these endmills will last longer than the whole lot of what he has to offer.
20230228_164954.jpg

I'm sure the Aliexpress stuff that @Tom Kitta is better than the stuff this guy is selling.

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
IMHO,
The coated 2flt ball nose would be half decent but not worth the effort. The endmills are barely worth the $9/lb scrap prices.
If you look at the grind of what he is offering, you certainly wouldnt want to double cut a chip.
If you happen to, the edge will be gone in an instant. No micro grain in his stuff.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
All I had wanted was a couple of ball end cutters. I'm dropping it.

Couple of things.....

I've got to laugh because Ali-Express EM are good (by who knows made where in China) where as made in China machinery is bad....

Coated EM are generally NOT desired for aluminium because most coatings contain Aluminium Oxide which acts as a binding surface for the Aluminium chips being cut under the right conditions (ie heat and pressure) negating the effect of the purpose of the coating.

So if you want one do all bit with a bias towards Aluminium bare EM are best. If Aluminium is only a once in a while you can get away with coated.

Second thing is if you have EM sharpened the must re recoated, bare does not need it.

Finally, unless you are doing heavy CNC application specific milling it is an extra cost that likely is nit required.

As to cost, I have 1/8" endmills that cost over $100.00 and 1/2" ones that cost over $150.00. Are they worth it, yes, they are. Their cost per hour of use is significantly lower that cheaper endmills or HS endmills.