• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Canwood Pro Bandsaw for $50

johnnielsen

John (Makonjohn)
Premium Member
Turned out to be a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 38. It is 15 years old but in beautiful shape. Haven't tried it yet but hope to soon as I get my compressor belted up.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Oh, I saw Lindon AB. Am I mixed up?

Attachments

• SNAG-11-25-2019 0001.jpg
    SNAG-11-25-2019 0001.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Canwwod from the picture looks like a smoking deal for $50. I dont need one but for $50 I would get it for my dad. Heck for $75 it would still be a nice present for next to nothing. Cannot tell from tiny picture but actual value can be few hundred CAD.

As for 9x16 and 7x12 for 1100 and 850 are priced appropriately depending on condition. I.e. its not a smoking deal unless you can get the price down by significant amount.

I sold a 7x12 to a member in AB and his price with new gear was around half of the price of 7x12 advertised above - granted not same condition but half is a lot. You can regularly see 7x12 go for around $500 on auctions in AB. 850 is a lot of cash for used machine given you can get a brand new one for around 1200 or maybe less on sale - I would not be shocked by black Friday deal of 999+tax for one.

9x16 if in excellent condition for 1100 is far better deal then like new 7x12 for 850. You need to pay over 3000 for a new 9x16 - do a quick comparison and you are paying 33% of new vs. 75% of new price.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
my mistake. still a smokin' deal at 1K -- I saw lindon, and somehow thought it was lyndon, ont. sorry.

I got my 7X14 for 450$ great condition, but dirty.