Can this single phase 120v motor's direction of rotation be reversed?

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Pulled it off the shelf at the back of the storage shed. Never been opened. PA Price sticker says $69.99. I'm open to offers. It looks like it's clockwise based on "CW DIR END" But I don't know if if can be reversed.
If you are interested I'll open it up and see what sort of shape it's in.
1711570490086.png

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
No luck I'm afraid. As the label clearly states the motor cannot be reversed. It's not a capacitor start. At least not externally. As I said it was purchased as one of 3 I think to run the Gingery Projects. I still really want to build the shaper. Not so much the horizontal mill anymore since I'd rather retrofit that feature to my existing mill.

1711584689713.png

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
No luck I'm afraid. As the label clearly states the motor cannot be reversed. It's not a capacitor start. At least not externally. As I said it was purchased as one of 3 I think to run the Gingery Projects. I still really want to build the shaper. Not so much the horizontal mill anymore since I'd rather retrofit that feature to my existing mill.

View attachment 46042
Thanks for looking! I have a line on a free dryer. We’ll see what comes of it.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Shipping is a bitter pill to swallow.

Ya, but if your dryer motor doesn't pan out, I think you are running out of options.

Btw, I have a dryer here that I have not parted out yet. I'll look at that in the near future too. Who knows, it might be different enough.

If you can find a free or low cost motor, the bitterness of the shipping pill becomes easier to swallow.