Can I install a smaller nozzle and electrode in an AG60P plasma cutting torch?

JimGnitecki

As I have mentioned elsewhere on the forum, i have a tiny lunchbox size plasma cutter, the Bestarc BTC500DP, which uses an AG60P pilot arc torch.

Looking as best I can online, it appears this torch is rated for use in the 40 to 60 amp range. I assume the consumables are sized for that range.

Since my plasma cutter has only a 50 amp "gross" (optimistic) capability, and since I plan to use it at primarily 20 to 30 amp settings, the current consumables in the torch are "too large". Why does this matter? My understanding is that using an orifice that is too large reduces cut quality and unnecessarily increases both amperage and airflow.

I know nothing about plasma torches, and unfortunately, Googling "AG60P" shed no additional light. Theres' not much out there when you Google AG60P.

Where can I get additional information on whether or not smaller amperage consumables are available for the torch?

Can I in fact buy and install smaller consumables?

Ideally, I could keep the larger current consumables for the odd time when I might actually need 40 or 45 amps for some cuts.

Jim G