• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Calipers needing a new home

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
4F4EFF0F-2F33-4AD1-BA2B-DC15894F7253.jpeg BF85A19D-0F4D-4BDB-964E-7D5B9552B6F9.jpeg 94C2B09D-D808-46E7-B93E-8F48276AD426.jpeg 99336F46-701F-4130-8606-2BB9B31DAD66.jpeg Bought some lots of gear recently, there’s some extras Id like to move. 100% if it doesn’t work/aren’t happy full refund on the selling price. Willing to ship on buyers dime.
Mastercraft calipers, $20?
Lyman caliper, $50?
Mitutoyo caliper, $100?

I’ve done zero research on new prices, quality or repeatability, I’d rather move this to anyone that will actually use them . Located near Waterloo ON for local pickup

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
View attachment 24283View attachment 24284View attachment 24285View attachment 24286Bought some lots of gear recently, there’s some extras Id like to move. 100% if it doesn’t work/aren’t happy full refund on the selling price. Willing to ship on buyers dime.
Mastercraft calipers, $20?
Lyman caliper, $50?
Mitutoyo caliper, $100?

I’ve done zero research on new prices, quality or repeatability, I’d rather move this to anyone that will actually use them . Located near Waterloo ON for local pickup

I don't know how many calipers you already have, but reloading benefits from multiple calipers dedicated to certain jobs. I keep a Hornady Overall Length Gauge adapter screwed to one of mine, and a Sinclair Adapter screwed to another.

You might consider keeping the Mitutoyo for that job yourself. But I'd sell the other two if I were you.

Last edited:

Chicken lights

I don't know how many calipers you already have, but reloading benefits from multiple calipers dedicated to certain jobs. I keep a Hornady Overall Length Gauge adapter screwed to one of mine, and a Sinclair Adapter screwed to another.

You might consider keeping the Mitutoyo for that job yourself. But I'd sell the other two if I were you.
I have a digital caliper, why would I want to go backwards and start using outdated technology? :p

(totally kidding but it should be worth the reaction)

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Hey Chicken bring that mastercraft set with you when you next head west if it doesnt sell I could use it, I am like Susq., I usually have a bunch located around the places i might need on but am down to only one working set now.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
I have a digital caliper, why would I want to go backwards and start using outdated technology? :p

As Susq. says above, Digital or Dial, you can have problems with both.
Make sure you have an accurate reference to qualify your metrology device.
Even linear transducers can shift in a housing !!

Chicken lights

Hey Chicken bring that mastercraft set with you when you next head west if it doesnt sell I could use it, I am like Susq., I usually have a bunch located around the places i might need on but am down to only one working set now.
Send me a mailing address, please

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Hahahaha Good One! You almost got me! My eyes are not that good anymore so I almost missed the fine print! Then I laughed out loud.

If you decide you really don't like that outdated technology, I'll happily adopt the Mitutoyo and maybe even give it back to you when your new digital technology has a spoiled hissy fit and lies to you..... ;)