Calgary Source for Oilite ?

trlvn

Ultra Member
...made "historical" tack and especially all the metal parts used on wagons and anything else metal you'd see in western movies. He did this for a living ...
I grew up in an area that has had a great influx of Amish. One Amish fellow I talked to worked in a shop making buggys, cutters and so forth. I presume there are several in Ontario. Not sure if any use wooden-wheeled wagons?

Craig

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
I grew up in an area that has had a great influx of Amish. One Amish fellow I talked to worked in a shop making buggys, cutters and so forth. I presume there are several in Ontario. Not sure if any use wooden-wheeled wagons?

Craig
That depends on the church, honestly. Some are progressive enough to have turn signals, headlights and rubber tires on a steel frame buggy. Some are still the traditional wooden frame and wooden wheels. What’s interesting is bicycles are quite popular for getting to work or whatnot.
It’s kind of neat, a lot of local businesses have little barns to park the horse and buggy out of the elements

I have a picture somewhere when I was in Steinbach MB, a young Mennonite lady in an ankle length pink dress and bonnet....roller blading in a park. Actually the Mennonite museum in Steinbach is worth checking out, they have a working reproduction grist mill

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I will post some photo's as soon as I get a cord hook-up from phone to laptop...and have someone who knows what or which "cloud" to transfer to so they get where I want them to go....I liked the days when you slid the card into a card reader and hit "send" to send a photo

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
I will post some photo's as soon as I get a cord hook-up from phone to laptop...and have someone who knows what or which "cloud" to transfer to so they get where I want them to go....I liked the days when you slid the card into a card reader and hit "send" to send a photo
Which phone do you use?

buckbrush

the last oil lite stock I purchased was from Transmission Supply. They have 0-1 Tool Steel, and Thompson shafting as well.