• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Calgary Source for Oilite ?

trlvn

Ultra Member
...made "historical" tack and especially all the metal parts used on wagons and anything else metal you'd see in western movies. He did this for a living ...
I grew up in an area that has had a great influx of Amish. One Amish fellow I talked to worked in a shop making buggys, cutters and so forth. I presume there are several in Ontario. Not sure if any use wooden-wheeled wagons?

Craig

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
I grew up in an area that has had a great influx of Amish. One Amish fellow I talked to worked in a shop making buggys, cutters and so forth. I presume there are several in Ontario. Not sure if any use wooden-wheeled wagons?

Craig
That depends on the church, honestly. Some are progressive enough to have turn signals, headlights and rubber tires on a steel frame buggy. Some are still the traditional wooden frame and wooden wheels. What’s interesting is bicycles are quite popular for getting to work or whatnot.
It’s kind of neat, a lot of local businesses have little barns to park the horse and buggy out of the elements

I have a picture somewhere when I was in Steinbach MB, a young Mennonite lady in an ankle length pink dress and bonnet....roller blading in a park. Actually the Mennonite museum in Steinbach is worth checking out, they have a working reproduction grist mill

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I will post some photo's as soon as I get a cord hook-up from phone to laptop...and have someone who knows what or which "cloud" to transfer to so they get where I want them to go....I liked the days when you slid the card into a card reader and hit "send" to send a photo

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
I will post some photo's as soon as I get a cord hook-up from phone to laptop...and have someone who knows what or which "cloud" to transfer to so they get where I want them to go....I liked the days when you slid the card into a card reader and hit "send" to send a photo
Which phone do you use?

buckbrush

the last oil lite stock I purchased was from Transmission Supply. They have 0-1 Tool Steel, and Thompson shafting as well.