• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Calgary Regal Auctions - 4 lathes available

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
i think lot 455 may be NOS, possibly just sat in a warehouse

15% buyers fee

now if i can remember my password for regal auctions...

JustaDB

Ultra Member

There's a shaper there, too. Can anyone with more knowledge of these things tell me what's supposed to go in that great, gaping hole on the LH side? Is that merely a cover or something more important?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
i think lot 455 may be NOS, possibly just sat in a warehouse

15% buyers fee

now if i can remember my password for regal auctions...

Both are from 2005 so I doubt they were sitting in a warehouse for 18 years. They do not appear to have lots of use but they certainly were used. Casual inspection did not show anything major wrong with them. One has a 4 jaw (new) set of tools used with the machine (or not) as well as some cheap Chinese BXA tool holders. Also a face plate & some red tool box.

Both have steady / follow rest and some change gears, BXA QCTP and some live center.

They seem to work as far as few gears checked are concerned. Definitely used machines.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Given they are matching I'd say a school of some sort.

Calgary prices will apply however.

The SB lathes came from St. Mary school. Says so on the machines. Unknown where the other two came from.

The SB seem to function and do not have excessive wear for their age. Of course they are old - so be aware of that. I was not doing some long inspection - I did not see missing teeth.

Moderns are 4200 and 4500 at closing (well the 4500 one is extended bidding).

The Sb's went for ~2k each. Thats crazy for what you were getting.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Just for comparison, yesterday at auction a 22 x 80 lathe WITH tooling went for 5000 CAD plus fees (18% plus 5% GST plus like 600 rigging).

The 22 x 80 was definitely used but in working order and there was a lot of tooling.