Calgary Govt Auction Beaver AH Mark II Mill & Clausing Model 721 Lathe Burnerd EC collets/chuck

Six O Two

(Marco)
Does anyone know that if you buy a used Bridgeport mill in the states and bring it back across the border if there are special more unique papers/forms that have to be completed other than the standard duty and GST?

No, just the receipt/bill of sale so they can calculate taxes. I didn't pay anything other than pst & gst when I brought a used lathe over the border.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
My last trip in my truck was exactly 1 year ago. Perhaps 10% more?

I only do road-time. 42 hours of driving to get to Toronto from Calgary. I usually drive to Thunder Bay in one go. Then my days are based on where we are going to sleep. 10-12 hour days. I usually get to Hamilton in 3-4 days.

(one time I only took one 7 hour sleep break, and made it in just over 2 days, but I was young and stupid then)

Long time ago when I did it few times it was almost always through the states pulling a trailer. Cheaper gas and better roads.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Long time ago when I did it few times it was almost always through the states pulling a trailer. Cheaper gas and better roads.
I found that I only saved 5 hours road time, but if I got caught in any rush our traffic (especially near the Macinaw) than I lost most of the advantage. The road time beats cost in my estimation. This year I want to try the Manitoulin ferry for a change.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
This year I want to try the Manitoulin ferry for a change.

You will love the Ferry! It doesn't really save any time because you have to be early and wait for the ferry - best is to phone in and get a reservation.

But it's a great break from driving. In good weather it's also a refreshing trip across in clean air and crystal clear water. Bring a warm jacket and buy a bag of cheetos to feed the seagulls. If you hold one out at arms length at the side rear, they will glide right in and snatch them. I've fed them from my mouth. It's amazing to watch their feathers play in the ferry draft.