• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Buying socket head cap screws online

Read the synopsis of this if you want to be scared of buying over-the-counter medicines, or bolts, or hardware, or watches.

Sort of what I always assumed anyway. A few business trips to Africa, China, India, Middle East, and Russia would sober up St Teresa.

Just proves that there are always gunna be buyers who only look at the price tag.

I saw a note somewhere that in the future if you need to work on the system, painting the heads of the imperials will save the use of shop words when running back and forth to the toolbox for the right wrench.
My metrics are painted red, the imperial blue. For allen keys or wrenches. Even some of the larger drill bits that lie in the drill bit drawer have red paint on them.

In my industry (industrial valves & piping), 50% of the fasteners we get with our overseas products are counterfeit. 316 bolts made of 303, Grade 8 bolts made of 1018-ish steel. Read the synopsis of this if you want to be scared of buying over-the-counter medicines, or bolts, or hardware, or watches.

Yeah, the stuff I manufacture for one of my clients requires complete end to end tracking of components. So although I might find a particular IC available from some supplier in China I'm not allowed to buy it.

Sort of what I always assumed anyway. A few business trips to Africa, China, India, Middle East, and Russia would sober up St Teresa.

A somewhat amusing choice as it seems she was anything but as represented.

Hitchen's makes a more vehement case.

Anyway, these challenges I thought were the great killer application for block chain technology. I know some senior supply chain who were looking at it..... but I've been out of that loop for a while. Anyone doing so? You'd think that would be the idea way to solve the problem.

Last edited:
I've never had a problem convincing Fastenal to take my money. My annual purchases have varied from perhaps $25 to $2500. And mostly towards the lower!

A somewhat amusing choice as it seems she was anything but as represented.

You enjoyed that didn't you! And so you should. I confess your got me! I didn't think it through.

That said Mother Teresa is not the same person as Saint Teresa. And I did say sober her up......

But I not using that as an excuse or an escape. The problem is that most religious people back in St. Teresa's day had more sex than I do and my wife could make a whole warren of rabbits blush. Who knows what someone like you could dig up on Saint Teresa......

ahhhh, you got me there! I understood she was under review and Hitchen's went to the Vatican to protest..... ASS u ME d your post meant she'd passed the audition.

Back