• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Buying socket head cap screws online

Megar arc 5040dd

Just wondering if anyone buys their hardware online? Nuts, bolts, machine screws, etc. I need to get some socket head cap screws in a few lengths and sizes and was wondering if anyone buys them online and if so where from? I would rather buy them 50 or 100 at a time so I have extras to have on hand in the shop. They are for a DRO install on the mill. Thought maybe someone has a cheaper and easier option than buying hardware from the big box stores.

I’ve bought from Bolt Warehouse and been happy.
I just checked their site out and I have to have an account with my local store in order to order online. Or at least that was how I understood it. I have bought from them in the past in store the only thing I don't like about them other than being across town is that prices depend on your account so nothing in the store has a price. I have gotten to the counter before expecting to spend very little and turned out to be way more than I would have thought.

I will admit that it has been more than a few years since I have been there so maybe it has changed since then.

KBC tools and/or Travers tool Canada sells them. They list them as price each but I seem to recall having to buy them by the package. Prices were good but it's been a while. I buy almost any hardware by the box.

if you look up any of the actual bolt suppliers in your city you will save a pile, for instance, bolt supply in calgary sells in quantity, its maybe 1/4 the cost of home depot
I just wish they would have prices in the store or on their web site. I hate either asking the price on a bunch of different items while I figure out what I want to buy or having to gable what it will cost when I get to the counter.

KBC tools and/or Travers tool Canada sells them. They list them as price each but I seem to recall having to buy them by the package. Prices were good but it's been a while. I buy almost any hardware by the box.
Cool thanks I just checked them out as well as Quality Cutting tools.

I hate either asking the price on a bunch of different items while I figure out what I want to buy
If you get your list together can you email the list for prices? This way you don't need to wait and they have time to get costs together.
This has worked well for me with our local fastener supplier and my order is at the counter when I get there.

Just wondering if anyone buys their hardware online? Nuts, bolts, machine screws, etc. I need to get some socket head cap screws in a few lengths and sizes and was wondering if anyone buys them online and if so where from? I would rather buy them 50 or 100 at a time so I have extras to have on hand in the shop. They are for a DRO install on the mill. Thought maybe someone has a cheaper and easier option than buying hardware from the big box stores.
I'm not sure where your located. If you can an Industrial Supply is the way to go. I use Blackfoot Industrial in Calgary. They sell in any quantity small or large and appear not to have any minimum. Prices and stock are way better than Hardware stores. Great guys to boot.

I like Fastenal in Canada and Bolt Depot in the USA.

Back