• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Broke My Tap Handle Today:-(

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Susquatch, and what did your trusty whirl magnet say? LOL

Steel of some kind.

I'm still not impressed. But I'll prolly keep them.

The sliding block wobbles as the screw is tightened. Ordinary 60 degree threads on the Leade screw. Fit and finish is poor. But they were not expensive.

The Bosche has Acme threads and it's smooth as silk with solid fit and finish. But Amazon doesn't seem to have them anymore.

So I'll prolly keep the KBC handles for now.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Steel of some kind.

I'm still not impressed. But I'll prolly keep them.

The sliding block wobbles as the screw is tightened. Ordinary 60 degree threads on the Leade screw. Fit and finish is poor. But they were not expensive.

The Bosche has Acme threads and it's smooth as silk with solid fit and finish. But Amazon doesn't seem to have them anymore.

So I'll prolly keep the KBC handles for now.

https://www.kbctools.ca/itemdetail/1-855-50422 $20 v.s. $250. You could always return it and upgrade:p

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
https://www.kbctools.ca/itemdetail/1-855-50422 $20 v.s. $250. You could always return it and upgrade:p

OK, but fair is fair.

The KBC 11 & 12 are $30 & $95
The 11 is 3/8 to 1
The 12 is 3/4 to 1-1/2

My Bosche was $63. It is 1/2 to 1-1/8 which is halfway between the KBC #11 and #12. Coincidentally, so is the price. So I think it's reasonable to say that you get more for your money with the Bosche. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be available anymore.