Bridgeport mill and a Colchester Lath plus crates of tooling, Whitby, ON, $10,000

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
The price for say AB is not bad - not sure for ON.

There seems to be a lot of tooling but one would need to actually figure out the worth.

I can cautiously say, that depending on condition, this is an OK deal.

Fortunately I am far away and have no room, so no worries from me buy it. I just got a 4 jaw self centering chuck... just b/c I never seen one in person ;) And I just need to have every type of chuck there is.

trevj

Ultra Member
The price for say AB is not bad - not sure for ON.

There seems to be a lot of tooling but one would need to actually figure out the worth.

I can cautiously say, that depending on condition, this is an OK deal.

Fortunately I am far away and have no room, so no worries from me buy it. I just got a 4 jaw self centering chuck... just b/c I never seen one in person ;) And I just need to have every type of chuck there is.
Gotta find a decent 4 jaw combination chuck then, that has both the scroll, AND the independently operated jaws!

At first glance, the package deal didn't look so good, but I think mainly because the owner really needs to hire a kid for an afternoon and have him wash down the lathe and tooling. The stuff looks like it was used to catch the grinding dust from a huge welding shop.

Depending on wear, that J-Head Bridgeport would be a pretty handy machine to have around about anywhere, and the bigger capacity of the Triumph 2000, over the Master 2500 is a pretty decent draw too.