• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Bridgeport in Hamilton $2000

I’m so jealous!! Where was that before I bought mine?!

hell if I saw it I’d probably have tried buying it.

when you go to move it home if your around Hamilton I’ve got a engine hoist on steroids that will easily pick it off a trailer and move it around.

I’m so jealous!! Where was that before I bought mine?!

hell if I saw it I’d probably have tried buying it.

when you go to move it home if your around Hamilton I’ve got a engine hoist on steroids that will easily pick it off a trailer and move it around.

Lets see a pic of that engine hoist! I have a two ton from Princess Auto and I don't think it reaches high enough to pull a milling machine off a trailer. The unloading part is what really holds me back. Not confident that I could do it with either or both of my one ton gantry crane and two ton engine crane.

Calling it an engine hoist is a misnomer I suppose. It’s more of a shop crane I guess.
Was made by the millwright I bought my machines off of. Primarily 4x4” square tube, extendable legs and boom. Cast casters that are super smooth and will roll on its own on slightly unlevel concrete.

air over hydraulic lift cylinder with 5 points from hi-reach to higher capacity. Although I lifted my Bridgeport and lathe in the lowest capacity setting. As it sit in the pic the pin is just above 8’

I have a nice long piece of 3.5” heavy wall square tube. I plan to make a new insert boom section to make a jib end. That will add a little lift hight but give a nice break over Angle to the boom. And will lower it closer to the ground
. I could also raise the base of the lift cylinder a few inches as it binds before the bottoms of its stroke.

I wasn’t going to keep it but found it handy moving and fitting a 7’x3’ 3/8” steel plate to a trailer saving my back, and now my tired spine loves it lol
9AE3619E-6C10-435E-ACDE-0698055B17BA.jpeg

Totally awesome!!! It looks like the custom crane Abom uses in one of his Youtube videos to unload a Bridgeport. I love the U shaped feet! My crane has the ubiquitous V shaped feet which makes it impossible to put many things all the way down to the ground. How much room between the feet on yours?

I'm calling you when I get my milling machine!!!