• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Brass Hammers

Brian26

Premium Member
For many years I have been using a brass hammer I threw together from a piece of round brass stock about 1" dia. This was made before I got some metal-working equipment, and I used it a lot. However, it was pretty ugly and the hole for the handle is round, so there are issues with that.
So, I recently started to make some decent-looking hammer heads from square brass stock. I really like the look of one hammer sold by LVT, and decided I could use the same look in the ones I was making. I think I have made some good looking pieces. The one image with two heads shown - the smaller one does not yet have the oval hole machined for the handle, (waiting for a new 9/16" bit to arrive) but the larger one does (5/8"). A lot of fun making these.

Attachments

• 2 Hammers.jpg
    2 Hammers.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 15
  • larger hammer close up.jpg
    larger hammer close up.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 15
  • larger hammer details.jpg
    larger hammer details.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 15
  • larger hammer.jpg
    larger hammer.jpg