• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Boxford Lathe for sale

GerryinBelleRiver

For sale on Kijiji in Windsor ON area. He is asking $700. Good starter lathe for somebody.
23196034-74a0-4c25-86ac-932233caf29a

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Man it's a good thing it is nowhere close to me, cuz I think for $700 I'd have to buy it and admire it for a while before I was forced to sell it because I did not have room for it to begin with.

Look at the ways, they taken some use (and maybe abuse). Paint job makes it look good (make even great) but it should be checked first.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Look at the ways, they taken some use (and maybe abuse). Paint job makes it look good (make even great) but it should be checked first.

Looks like some dropped chucks etc. Could be ex school machine. Personally I would look for the actual wear on the ways not just some dents and scratches that can be stoned.

It is difficult to see any wear on pictures - I would say there is no evidence of "very heavy" wear - but one should see with one's own eyes.

If this was in Alberta it would be sold already. Come on, what can you buy for $700 today?

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Looks like some dropped chucks etc. Could be ex school machine. Personally I would look for the actual wear on the ways not just some dents and scratches that can be stoned.

It is difficult to see any wear on pictures - I would say there is no evidence of "very heavy" wear - but one should see with one's own eyes.

If this was in Alberta it would be sold already. Come on, what can you buy for $700 today?
IDK about 700, but 200 buys a Dickson S2T cnc tool post with 18 tool holders.