• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Bookmarks?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've been busy bookmarking favorite threads & posts I want to be able to find quickly.

Today, for the first time, I wanted to look one of them up.

But I'll be damned if I can figure out how to see all my bookmarks.

Can anyone help?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Perfect Craig, worked like a charm! Another one of those duhh moments for me! Thanks for rescuing me.

Ps - it was one of your posts I was after. Wanted to try and see if I can find a power feed that will fit my Bridgeport X - Axis and see if I can find anything even remotely close to the deal that you and @David_R8 found. I think I would have been all over that if I would have seen your posts earlier!

Anyway, thanks for the forum help.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Perfect Craig, worked like a charm! Another one of those duhh moments for me! Thanks for rescuing me.

Ps - it was one of your posts I was after. Wanted to try and see if I can find a power feed that will fit my Bridgeport X - Axis and see if I can find anything even remotely close to the deal that you and @David_R8 found. I think I would have been all over that if I would have seen your posts earlier!

Anyway, thanks for the forum help.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks Craig.

Still a lot more than $60 but closer than what I found at your old link and more importantly its available.

I see that they have a 450 in-lb version for $200. Given that my mill is a relatively big Bridgeport Clone, do you have any thoughts about how important the torque is?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks Craig.

Still a lot more than $60 but closer than what I found at your old link and more importantly its available.

I see that they have a 450 in-lb version for $200. Given that my mill is a relatively big Bridgeport Clone, do you have any thoughts about how important the torque is?
I would definitely go for the higher torque version.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Thanks Craig.

I didn't get mine for $60? When I saw one for $200 I jumped on it. Can't answer the torque question.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I didn't get mine for $60? When I saw one for $200 I jumped on it. Can't answer the torque question.
Ah, I see. I guess I misunderstood your earlier posts. I see this one is $60 off so maybe that's what I remember incorrectly.

I would definitely go for the higher torque version.

OK. Any idea how well that will fit my BPort Clone?

And any tips on the X / Y issue from either of you?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Ah, I see. I guess I misunderstood your earlier posts. I see this one is $60 off so maybe that's what I remember incorrectly.

OK. Any idea how well that will fit my BPort Clone?

And any tips on the X / Y issue from either of you?

Check this thread out....

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Check this thread out....

Great stuff Craig. Lemme digest it. No sense reinventing the wheel.... LOL!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hey @YYCHM & @David_R8 ,

Now that the $60 deal I thought was out there has vaporized, and after digesting the info on this subject, and being realistic about my needs, I think I am gunna put an x-axis power feed on hold for a while. There are other things I want to do that are much higher priority. I also think it's a bit too easy to make a mistake right now. Too much confusion among sellers over which axis is which - hard to believe a seller can't get that right!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Susquatch that $60 dollar deal was likely a dream or a figment of your imagination. :)

I think you may be right. I have found references to it, but nothing concrete.

No complaints though. I've had my fair share of deals. This one was just too good to be true.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Hey @YYCHM & @David_R8 ,

Now that the $60 deal I thought was out there has vaporized, and after digesting the info on this subject, and being realistic about my needs, I think I am gunna put an x-axis power feed on hold for a while. There are other things I want to do that are much higher priority. I also think it's a bit too easy to make a mistake right now. Too much confusion among sellers over which axis is which - hard to believe a seller can't get that right!
I think you may be recalling my net cost after refund from Vevor.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I think you may be recalling my net cost after refund from Vevor.
Ah yes, that makes sense.

At any rate, that deal is now history. It will cost me 300 all in and I still don't know exactly what I would be getting for that.

I've moved that project quite a ways down the priority list.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Ah yes, that makes sense.

At any rate, that deal is now history. It will cost me 300 all in and I still don't know exactly what I would be getting for that.

I've moved that project quite a ways down the priority list.
Looking forward to see how you get on with this. I'm very happy with mine.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
True, they were. But no. Somehow I got the impression that the power X-Axis was on sale for $60. I think David nailed it. Someplace he prolly said $60 and I thought he meant that was the price.

I should have known better. It was way too good to be true.