• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

"Blanchard Grinding' or surface grinding

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
How was this clamped to the table????

img_2361-jpg.22254

How was this clamped to the table????
I'll post a pic when I do platen #2.

The platens have a machined surface with 3 cast in bolt holes at a right angle to teh surface in the pic. Said surface is hidden by this pic, but is closest to the Mill 'round post'. That surface is bolted to 2 right angle plates like I linked to in my first post (busybee) and the angle plates are bolted to the mill table. If that doesnt make sense I dont blame you. I'll take a couple more pics when I do platen #2.

I've already decided that when i get a mill it will have at least x axis power feed. lol
Put a power feed on my mill, it was the best thing, now it has CNC driven servos, even better. Even better result than the power feeder.

Timeline. 16 years manual mill, 1-3/4 years power feed, 1 month operational CNC.

I'll post a pic when I do platen #2.

The platens have a machined surface with 3 cast in bolt holes at a right angle to teh surface in the pic. Said surface is hidden by this pic, but is closest to the Mill 'round post'. That surface is bolted to 2 right angle plates like I linked to in my first post (busybee) and the angle plates are bolted to the mill table. If that doesnt make sense I dont blame you. I'll take a couple more pics when I do platen #2.

IMG_2376.JPG IMG_2378.JPG IMG_2379.JPG IMG_2382.JPG IMG_2383.JPG

.025 total cut to cleanup the deep groove. I tried to keep the cuts at .003 to .004 per pass. The downfeed dial on this unit has a huge amount of backlash and likes to move a bit even when locked.

@YYCHM

Is that mill/drill clamped to the bench?
Lol yes. Its a very heavy steel top and framed bench/short table on wheels. Why my neighbour hasnt bolted it down is anyones guess. Same reason the Bridgeport NC hasnt made any progress since I got I bought a VFD for him last summer. ;) His call, his pace.