• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Bending 0.125" Aluminum

DFIN996

I have a 10" wide (0.125" thk.) piece of aluminum that needs a 33 deg. bend. Anyone know of a shop in the Calgary area that would do a one off bend for me?

If some compromise in strength is acceptable, I often score the bend line with my non-ferrous blade in my table saw and then clamp one side in the bench vise and bend by hand.

No strength needed on this bend. It's a top plate for a top case on my touring bike. The only thing touching it is my a$$, and that is pretty soft.

Too soft.

I like your idea of scoring with a non-ferrous blade. I will try that next time.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 13
I tried it out this morning. Works great. Thanks again for the help. I look like an idiot getting on and off. No handling issues having it over the rear tire though.

Back