• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Benchtop Mill for CNC retrofit (GTA)

Hi All,
I have a very well made (Australian) Hercus V300 benchtop mill; the original non-functional control system has already been removed from the machine, it just needs a new controller and servo drive system. Hercus originally engineered the mill to be CNC from the ground up with integral/internal servo and leadscrew mounts; it is NOT a converted manual mill. “Conversion to CNC” not required… but new control system is needed. The original analogue Tacho/Resolver based servo motors have been replaced with newer motors with digital HEDS encoders compatible with Gecko G320; nothing is wired up though.

The machine has seen very little actual use (only a couple years of student use); mechanically it is in excellent condition, no rust, no detectable wear, with all the original precision leadscrews intact and still installed. It has a large rigid vertical box column (6.5”x8.5”) that should not flex like many of the small Import machines; it even has internal springs in the vertical column to counterbalance the weight of the spindle head, as well as integrated stainless way-covers on Z & Y, and internal waylube ports on all 3 axis. The bare machine is approx. 400 lbs.; travels are X=12”, Y=6.75”, Z=8.75”. The existing spindle motor is a ¾hp DC brush motor with 30-ISO spindle taper. The machine itself is very robust, stress relieved close grained cast iron, with dovetail ways on all 3 axis which were precision machined & ground to very tight tolerances. Hercus used high quality industrial grade hardware and components throughout the machine; none of the mechanical components need “upgrading”, they already are…

If you’re in interested in a steel capable Benchtop CNC mill and were thinking of converting a manual mill to CNC, this mill is a superior candidate.

Asking $2700

Moderator Edit - New Price $1800 per OP Request.

FYI: Hercus V300 Compumill is the older brother to Janger’s Rockford/Hercus Lathe. Front_covers on.jpg Side_covers on.jpg Table.jpg Front_covers removed.jpg Y-servo.jpg Side_covers removed.jpg X-Servo.jpg Front view_Y-servo mount.png Section view_Front-X-Y.png Section view_Side-X-Y.png Section view_Side-Z.png Side view_X-servo mount.png

Attachments

• Side_covers removed.jpg
    Side_covers removed.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Carp, too bad I went with conversion - if this was available before I would certainly paid you the asking price. New drives, ball screws alone are over 1000 and these are rolled ball screws not ground. Plus cost of Donor mill and you are getting close to 2000.

Yeah, Too bad, I figure its a way better machine than a similar sized BB CX611 currently selling for $3799 plus all the extras you mentioned...

PRICE DROP !

Now asking $2000 o.b.o.

I’d really like to free up some space in my workshop.

The Mill is in great condition, just needs a new brain…

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hello.
I would like to know if this is still available.
I live in East York, ON.
Thank you,
Tom

You should send @DanCNC a private message.

By including his member name in my reply to you, he should get a notification. That's no guarantee that he will see it.

The best is a PM.

Hi @TMToronto , Yes the machine is still available.... I'm near Yorkdale.
When would you like to come see it? I just got in the house now and saw your post....

TMToronto

Hi @TMToronto , Yes the machine is still available.... I'm near Yorkdale.
When would you like to come see it? I just got in the house now and saw your post....

Thank you for the reply. I am new to the forum, and was asked by the Admin to PM you. I will do so moving forward - I assume it is done using the 'conversations' feature.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thank you for the reply. I am new to the forum, and was asked by the Admin to PM you. I will do so moving forward - I assume it is done using the 'conversations' feature.

Yes, just click on @DanCNC's Avatar at the top of his message (or anyplace else you see his Avatar which in his case is a big Capital D in a green circle till he adds a photo of graphic), and then click on "Start conversation". In fact, either one of you can start it.

Ps - the only reasons for suggesting a PM are so he gets a notification, and to keep personal info like addresses and phone numbers off of the public forum.

New Price $1800
Note to Admin…( @Susquatch or @Janger ) Please add price update to 1st post on this listing

Moderator edit - Done

It’s still here collecting dust, but I haven’t put any effort to list it elsewhere.

I also have a complete working version of the same Hercus V300 Compumill with its original ANCA industrial CNC controller… $3000

SAM_1976.JPG

Last edited: