• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Bench magnifier lens

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I was eyeing some on Amazon but they have mixed quality reviews & some play games with lens size vs frame size. Looks like bigger diameter ones get exponentially expensive & lose magnification power (probably a function of the lens itself?). I saw this on on Uline, but not exactly cheap. Does anyone have brand/purchasing leads?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The one I like most isn't available anymore. It has a small multiplier lens on the bottom of the big lens. It stays in the basement shop where I use it most. The one I use in my main shop is this one.

It is ok, but I wish it had the small multiplier lens. I prefer it's self standing base so I can put it wherever I want it.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I bought this one from Amazon and I am pleased with it.
Yes that's very similar/same as what I was looking at. S10x mag, bit smaller 4" diameter lens. So 4 of those for the price of one ULine model. Hmmmm...

I tried Ebay for used medical ones but they are not common & a small fortune