• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Product Behind the scenes in Veritas Manufacturing and Quality Assurance

Product

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
If you don’t receive emails from Lee Valley, they recently produced a series of five short videos (1 to 2 minutes) covering their:
  • Coordinate Measurement Machine.
  • Deburring.
  • Rapid Prototyping.
  • Vibrating Polisher.
  • Cosmetic Seconds.
Link to Videos

I found them interesting, especially their CMM and 3D printers. The Rapid Prototyping video also shows the evolution of one of their planes from concept through to a non-functional prototype.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for posting this Steve.

Someday when I have lots of time on my hands, I might relate the history of rapid prototyping during my career. I have no pictures though.....

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I've spent a lot of time running a CMM in my career. Still get to occasionally when our regular guy is out sick, or in other special cases.

This was a couple weeks ago running a Gauge R&R while our CMM guy was out sick for a while. My most favourite thing in the world......
MFVaKPW.jpg

Aside from r&r's it's a pretty enjoyable part of the job.