Beaver table saw

Dennis R

I am in the process of restoring an old Beaver table saw. I am wondering how to deal with the beaver logo and text on the legs. The legs are painted but the beaver and text are bare metal, now rusted. 1. Is it OK to just sand these areas to remove the rust or is there a better way? 2. What do you think of just painting the whole leg and then just sanding the high spots, which are now bare metal, to remove the paint?

I am also trying to date the machine. The model is 3200 and the serial number is 38624. I have an old manual which seems to match my machine but it has no date on it. It does have a code on the last page 3M-2-51-EP. Would this date the manual to 1951?

1666217840678.jpeg 1666217840678.jpeg

trlvn

Ultra Member
People have been looking for years but no one has found a list of Beaver serial numbers. It is speculated that when Rockwell closed the Canadian head office in the early 1990s, any such records were destroyed or trashed.

You may be able to narrow down the date of manufacture based on clues about the saw. For example, if it has the Rockwell 'peace sign' logo on it, that would put it after 1972.

Craig