• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Bambu A1 3D Printer

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
I read a lot of posts - here and 'out there on the web' before making a semi-impulse 3D printer purchase:

I bought a Bambu A1+AMS Lite; it arrived a couple of weeks ago and has been printing most of the time since then. In another discussion I ranted a bit about the initial software setup.
After I got that settled (a few hours) the machine has been performing flawlessly.
So far I'm just using any PLA filament I get my hands on, with the Bambu PLA default settings and everything has printed perfectly.
I use glue stick on the print bed - not because I have to, but because I'm still a bit 'belt and suspenders' about this thing.

AMS Lite works perfectly, and allows me to pick the filament from the computer; it also will keep a job going even if the filament runs out on one spool, if another identical spool is loaded in one of the 4 positions.

So a strong 'Recommend' on the Bambu A1 from me.

BTW- overnight last night I had the A1 print an 'Eiffel tower' model which I downloaded from the Printables (Prusa) file site. The reports from other folks using a variety of printers were full of stories of tweaking temperature settings, fails, etc etc. Though I don't have any interest in printing models, I was curious to see if the A1 could handle a challenge.
I just told the A1 to print it using the defaults (no supports) and it came out fine.
The level of precision in those machines is really amazing.
Printing a gear for a 7x printer is absolutely no challenge for them, and that's the sort of thing my very rudimentary CAD skills can manage - with the right plug-in. :)

Last edited:

Atchoum

i would like to start by stating a very important thing: 3D printing and I have a complicated relationship. I like the idea. draft, quick prototype, then machine shop. It's the process i don't like. level the bed, tune the extruder, refill the plastic, clean the build plate and so on.

Those Bambulab printers are out of this world.
-automatic bed leveling
-automatic flow calibration
-first layer defect detection
-magnetic build plates, and good ones.
-automatic filament change
-automatic filament color and type detection.
-plenty of profiles for 3rd party filaments
-monitor from a phone.

press play and forget.
I have had more success printing with this in one week than during my last 10 years of having a solidoodle and a ender3.
The only thing i regret is not buying it earlier. Now i can really focus on drafting, and it's motivating to have the possibility of making prototypes with minimal effort.

My ender 3 will be given away to a deserving neighborhood kid.