Bambu A1 3D Printer

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
I read a lot of posts - here and 'out there on the web' before making a semi-impulse 3D printer purchase:

I bought a Bambu A1+AMS Lite; it arrived a couple of weeks ago and has been printing most of the time since then. In another discussion I ranted a bit about the initial software setup.
After I got that settled (a few hours) the machine has been performing flawlessly.
So far I'm just using any PLA filament I get my hands on, with the Bambu PLA default settings and everything has printed perfectly.
I use glue stick on the print bed - not because I have to, but because I'm still a bit 'belt and suspenders' about this thing.

AMS Lite works perfectly, and allows me to pick the filament from the computer; it also will keep a job going even if the filament runs out on one spool, if another identical spool is loaded in one of the 4 positions.

So a strong 'Recommend' on the Bambu A1 from me.

BTW- overnight last night I had the A1 print an 'Eiffel tower' model which I downloaded from the Printables (Prusa) file site. The reports from other folks using a variety of printers were full of stories of tweaking temperature settings, fails, etc etc. Though I don't have any interest in printing models, I was curious to see if the A1 could handle a challenge.
I just told the A1 to print it using the defaults (no supports) and it came out fine.
The level of precision in those machines is really amazing.
Printing a gear for a 7x printer is absolutely no challenge for them, and that's the sort of thing my very rudimentary CAD skills can manage - with the right plug-in. :)

Last edited:

Atchoum

i would like to start by stating a very important thing: 3D printing and I have a complicated relationship. I like the idea. draft, quick prototype, then machine shop. It's the process i don't like. level the bed, tune the extruder, refill the plastic, clean the build plate and so on.

Those Bambulab printers are out of this world.
-automatic bed leveling
-automatic flow calibration
-first layer defect detection
-magnetic build plates, and good ones.
-automatic filament change
-automatic filament color and type detection.
-plenty of profiles for 3rd party filaments
-monitor from a phone.

press play and forget.
I have had more success printing with this in one week than during my last 10 years of having a solidoodle and a ender3.
The only thing i regret is not buying it earlier. Now i can really focus on drafting, and it's motivating to have the possibility of making prototypes with minimal effort.

My ender 3 will be given away to a deserving neighborhood kid.