Baleigh Mill at auction in Regina

Scattered Parts

Mike
Premium Member
Baleigh VM949 Mill

Includes all Saskatchewn dirt you will need to start your own farm.
IMG_9034.JPG

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You would think the auctioneer would at least blow it off with the air hose so it looks better and sells for more.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
From what I have seen and experienced, McDougall auctions does minimal work for the 15% buyers fee. No idea what they charge the seller.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well, the price it sold for reflects the dirt - if the seller even hired someone to clean this up at even $30 an hour he would be ahead 1000s. Machine in Calgary when clean is easily $10000. And 10000 would be cheap.

This machine with taxes, new is around $30,000 CAD.

This is a fully loaded milling machine, with power everything, electronic spindle control and 40 taper spindle.

Scattered Parts

Mike
Premium Member
It was well used and poorly maintained. The pictures were not take at the auction site. When I saw it, it was outside. Some of the chicken crap had washedmoffmin the recent snow and rain, but had been replaced with rust. But only on the very few areas that were not covered in a cm of spooge. It went for top dollar on something that could not be tested to see what worked and what didn't. McDougall tends to be cavalier with things that have electric motors. None I have seen have ever been covered when outdoors and even fewer of them are in the indoor viewing area. First hand experience with a Devillbis compressor last year. Had been stored by them outdoors for 3 months in the su and rain, then brought indoors for the pictures. Forklift operator told me this is common. Never again.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I remember when McDougal did the Sask gov't auctions on Dewdney ave, you would go to the preview on Friday look around and then on Sat people had moved around stuff stole stuff wild west, guys would go around an move something small and valuable(memory was popular) into a crap lot and get it cheap. But was still lots of deals out there. It always made for an interesting day.