• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Auction in Carstairs….. some interesting goodies

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
i have a few watched lots, the prices are getting high fast, RF45 is up to 2550 , 12x lathe is at 2500, and its only the first day

Jayham

Interested to see what the rf45 goes for. Bought mine last year but only for 2k.

And what lot 222 goes for “Solid Pieces of Heavy Steel, Very Heavy”

Looks like the fella was a engine builder.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
A few things I would bid on if this were local, but not worth the 36 hour drive one way to pickup :D. They've got some action on them already, so I don't think they'd go cheap anyway. (optical flats, and light). Curious at what they'll bring.

Ironman

Ultra Member
I was interested in the 8" chuck, but so far, you can buy a new chuck with reversible bolt on jaws for less so...
The broach set would be good, and the pin plug sets I'd like, we'll see

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Prices were insanely high. I mean very high. Super high.

RF45 went for 7800 CAD (!) (new price?)
RF35 (very old one) for 1500
12x40 lathe for 5800 (more than new?)
Delta 14in bandsaw for 840 CAD (this is close to new price? I seen them used for 300)
8" rotary with chuck 525 (same as new)
8" 4 jaw chuck 320 (so way more than new)

You get the idea. I guess if you need to off load a lot of crap this is your auction house - prices are better than on FB marketplace or Kajiji. This is most expensive auction I have seen in Calgary area - great for selling stuff.

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
For those prices , it would pay me to haul my equipment up to my son's place ! o_O

Jayham

Considering you could buy a heavier and larger cx603 for $7000 plus tax. Or import a PM932 for roughly $5000.

I dont understand why that mill went for that price, which would be close to $8500 after tax and buyers fee.

Jswain

Joe
Do you think they actually went through with the sale or what?

I've never been to or participated in an auction, other then ebay

Jayham

You need a credit card on file to bid. I think the terms of the auctions stipulate that they can charge your card.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
These auctions are always estate sales. Thats pretty sad. Work your butt off to buy all the stuff, and then you miss the final sale. They should hold the auction before they die, pickup after the funeral.