• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Attachment Options Greyed Out

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
The icons for adding attachments are greyed out on my iPad. I don’t see any settings that would do this. Safari on iOS 16.5.1. Works OK in Chrome on the same machine.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6609.jpeg
    IMG_6609.jpeg
    468.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6610.png
    IMG_6610.png
    773.8 KB · Views: 4

Tom O

Ultra Member
I see it’s that brown colour Lol I get that if I’m not logged in which could explain this.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Fundamentally, I can't help. I don't have apple anything. The fact that it works on Chrome but not safari suggests its a browser issue though not the forum.

Maybe an Apple geek can help?

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
No worries. I just have to remember if I’m posting photos to do it in Chrome.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm an Apple as well, and while the forum operates just fine for me, there are sites where the developer doesn't bother to make their page Safari compatible. So then I use Chrome, too.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm an Apple as well, and while the forum operates just fine for me, there are sites where the developer doesn't bother to make their page Safari compatible. So then I use Chrome, too.

That isn't the case here Tom, XenForo is the host software for the forum and there is no conscious effort by the XenForo development team to ignore the needs of Safari users. It's much more likely that Safari has stopped supporting various browser features when it was last updated or that some safari settings need to be changed to make it compatible with XenForo. I wish I was more familiar with Apple and Safari. Maybe if so, I could help chase that down.

That said, it is my personal experience and opinion, that Apple wants the rest of the world to follow their rules, and the rest of the world wants Apple to comply with theirs. The end result is that Apple users get screwed more often than other platform users do but they also benefit from a large user base and rules that work for the majority of Apple users. I'm sure that there are many on here who will disagree with my view though. So be it.

IMG_0485.gif

Last edited:

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Oh no, the Apple / Windows / Linux / etc wars are about to begin!

It’s going to be some weird iOS thing, as Safari on a Mac works fine. As long as It’s not just some setting I missed then I’m not concerned.

KeeponDragon

Super User
I'm also on an apple laptop, but for the Safari issues stated above, I stick with chrome.
Once we replace it, maybe I'll try to jailbreak it and shove Linux up its i/o port, see how it likes that action
I used Linux off n on for a few years. Eventually I gave up, not due to the o/s, but my lack of software comprehension, zero coding experience, and an unwavering OCD to keep messing with things.
Actually, it was more the O/S's (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Knoppix, Mandrake, etc) just didn't have the support for the junk I was trying to run it on. And I do mean junk. PC's cobbled together with used parts.
That is honestly the only drawback I can note with a community based o/s.
I won't lie to feeling a little smarmy, nose in the air to the hoards of malware and viruses, whilst running Linux...

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
I like to think I’m OS-agnostic. Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux on Raspberry Pi, even running RISCOS on some RPI boards. Whatever performs the task I am doing. My coding skills peaked with GW-Basic, so some of my homegrown stuff is running on a PC in DOS 7.