Atlas bench mill

Buzziegee

Hey and thanks for letting me join. Looking forward to this group
Just picked up an Atlas horizontal bench top mill and plan on either fabricating the vertical mill attachment or buying one just can’t seem to find one around southern Ontario
Would anyone have any plans or prints to build one? Would love to make the attachment for this mill with this mill

Attachments

• IMG_0764.png
    IMG_0764.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Sweet new toy. We love new members with new toys. And you have already figured out the picture part.....I feel a spending spree coming on. :p
Welcome from Lillooet BC.

Buzziegee

Sweet new toy. We love new members with new toys. And you have already figured out the picture part.....I feel a spending spree coming on. :p
Welcome from Lillooet BC.
Yea. It’s a little smaller than I thought but it’s so built it has great potential

Perry

Ultra Member
Welcome to the group. :) Perry in Calgary.

I think on facebook there is an Atlas group that might be able to help you with the drawings. If I remember correctly they had a file area with a few random drawings (mostly lathe stuff I believe) and such.

Buzziegee

Welcome to the group. :) Perry in Calgary.

I think on facebook there is an Atlas group that might be able to help you with the drawings. If I remember correctly they had a file area with a few random drawings (mostly lathe stuff I believe) and such.
I’ll check that out and thank you!
It be great to fab it with the machine it’s going to be used on

Perry

Ultra Member
The name of the group is "Atlas and Craftsman lathes" Just checked they still have a file section. With the name of the group I'm thinking they might not have your file being a lathe group ...but I'm sure someone there is a Atlas mill fan. ;)

Good luck

Buzziegee

The name of the group is "Atlas and Craftsman lathes" Just checked they still have a file section. With the name of the group I'm thinking they might not have your file being a lathe group ...but I'm sure someone there is a Atlas mill fan. ;)

Good luck

Thanks again. Working on it now

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
Cool little mill . I have a 1930 some drill press with that Cub Cadet style mule drive for the belt . I just had to have it . :p

I'm too new to Welcome you aboard , but Welcome aboard anyway .

Bandit

Super User
Welcome from south of Calgary. How small/big is the mill? Kinda hard to tell from the picture. How big is the over arm shaft?

Goldxxx

Are you going to track down the missing part and get it back to original? What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? Did it come with anything else? Tooling etc?

I have one that I purchased a while back. I had to step up to the plate financially
to buy it. But mine came with the original vice(with crank) factory coolant pump, overarm and front brace and indexing attachment( with gears) and a lot of eand tooling. they hold their value so I didn’t really cry too much about it. I will enjoy it until I can’t anymore then pass it on to someone else.

I never really have a problem with it being horizontal. It’s a big step up from my Sherline 5400.