• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Arduino questions

van123d

I had it working with the previous program, then took your advice

I started to worry as I began reading this. Glad this went in a positive direction. Glad to see this worked out for you. It is usually good to spend the time to learn the correct methods for these simple programs so that you can apply them on more complicated things later. Otherwise trying to figure this out when you really need it can overcomplicate things and make it hard to troubleshoot.

I especially liked how you used goto statements in your comments as a kind of translation between the old format and functions. In general you comment your code very well. Much better than I do.

Really good work.

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I started to worry as I began reading this. Glad this went in a positive direction. Glad to see this worked out for you......

I did not get what you meant the first time I read your reply, but then got it.....lol.... no worries.

I would not have blamed you if it did not work out. I agreed with what you said so wanted to go that way anyways. Without knowing about functions, I was unsure. And I don't think I have ever used an interrupt with past projects. This project forced me to venture out a bit more. Lots learned!

Now to get it packaged up to reflect the time spent on it.

Thanks for the positive comments.