• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Apogee Folding Utility Trailer?

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Does anyone know anything about these trailers or the company? I haven't pulled a trailer in years, but anticipate having to do a bunch of moves in the next few years. I am also am downsizing my truck this week and it got me thinking about the age-old problem of always wanting a trailer, but not having storage for one in my backyard (which has no lane). I know they are a Canadian company, but that's about all I know. I saw one once and it was pretty cool; they fold up so you can roll them through a gate. Might take a trip out to High River to have a look :)

There's a wheel kit (or you can design your own) that allows you to move the trailer sideways through gates and the like.

Last edited:

architect

Super User
If you are close to a Uhaul then their motrocycle tralier for $15 a day (24 hours). It's basically just like a regular open trailer but with a slot for a wheel like a choke. If you're only in need a couple times a year then it may be the most economical.

1628992900624.png

Edit: Nice things about these is that they are low to the ground and makes rolling things up and down the ramp (or just carrying) very easy.

Last edited:

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
If you are close to a Uhaul then their motrocycle tralier for $15 a day (24 hours). It's basically just like a regular open trailer but with a slot for a wheel like a choke. If you're only in need a couple times a year then it may be the most economical.

View attachment 16596

Edit: Nice things about these is that they are low to the ground and makes rolling things up and down the ramp (or just carrying) very easy.
Yup. We lived next to a UHaul lot once. It truly was "an adventure in moving." Can't count the number of them that broke down in front of our house before the adventure even started. I recall thinking, "Wow, those easy-load ramps sure do come in handy so you can push your stuff out it easily and down the road 50 feet onto another trailer they claim is reliable this time. Never, ever, again.

architect

Super User
I've used them many, many times for motorcycles and odd moving stuff. I take them on the road for hours across Ontario to different race tracks and never had issues. I am probably just fortunate and the Uhaul nearby just took care of them.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I know others who swear by them too, so no worries.
Nope. I don't want to be an early adopter. If I live long enough, my next truck will be though. I'm moving from the 6.2L V8 to the smallest engine they make—the 2.7L Ecoboost with the auto stop/start. Should be a massive savings in gas. My son has the 2.7 and it's a pretty nice downsize. It can still tow 8800 lbs.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I've used them many, many times for motorcycles and odd moving stuff. I take them on the road for hours across Ontario to different race tracks and never had issues. I am probably just fortunate and the Uhaul nearby just took care of them.
I know many people swear by them. For me it's just a once bitten-twice shy scenario. But I am still weighing my options WRT to snow removal as I have 26 clients (all elderly) I do snow angel work for...and even with the lower deck on the F15O, a trailer would be nice.

It took a toll on my ego already to admit I can't lift machines and other stuff into my truck as well as I used to. So I am having an adult conversation with my ego about doing any more winter seasons of volunteer work. Hence the option of buying a folding trailer.

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
It took a toll on my ego already to admit I can't lift machines and other stuff into my truck as well as I used to. So I am having an adult conversation with my ego about doing more any winter seasons of volunteer work. Hence the option of buying a folding trailer.

You lift your gas snow blowers into the truck:eek:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm trailer illiterate but one guy I knew had a system that looked kind of like these for lugging things in/out of the pickup. I don't recall the winch stuff but I remember it plugged into the hitch box socket thingy.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Certainly cool. On an earlier F250 I built a bed box crane with electric winch. It worked, but was a hassle. I've seen other arrangements as well, but unless you want to leave the thing on all the time, you've got almost the same footprint issue as storing a folding trailer. Plus, you are burning gas carrying extra weight.

Last edited:

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That folding apogee trailer looks pretty darn nice. $3900 seems like alot but if the convenience of folding is necessary for you it definitely adds to the price. I love the no paint and aluminum construction. Steel trailers rust and look like hell after a few years. The Apogee should look really good year after year and hold its resale value pretty good. I think every fellow should have a trailer or two. They are fun to build also.