• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Anyone want to sell a r8 arbor

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've tried to buy a cheap R8 arbor for 22mm hole diameter gear cutters from Amazon a few times and have not been able to get one as of yet. I stuck out 2 times on my order and got refunded. I'm waiting for my 3rd attempt at ordering but it is looking like strike 3 is coming.
I don't (yet) want to but one from a more reputable place like KBC because of the huge price differences.
I'm wondering if anyone has one they would like to sell?

YH-KE Lathe High Hardness 45 Steel R8 Shank 22Mm Milling Arbor Gear Mill Cutter Tool Holder Lathe CNC Cutting Tools https://a.co/d/0qEtcaB

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've tried to buy a cheap R8 arbor for 22mm hole diameter gear cutters from Amazon a few times and have not been able to get one as of yet.

I don't have one for you. But when/if you find one, please post a link to the right one.

I too have tried and failed.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
More spendy on Ali & spendier yet on Ebay. Who woulda thunk. OTOH I have seen things on Amazon at great prices but no stock which isn't all that useful either.

Attachments

• SNAG-2022-10-17 8.40.18 PM.jpg
    SNAG-2022-10-17 8.40.18 PM.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SNAG-2022-10-17 8.42.41 PM.jpg
    SNAG-2022-10-17 8.42.41 PM.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 10

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I don't have one for you. But when/if you find one, please post a link to the right one.

I too have tried and failed.
Well failed 3 times with Amazon. They were cheap but never came (got refunded).
So I tried Aliexpress and prices seemed to vary alot there also, naturally I chose the cheapest and low and behold it arrived.
It looks good and have no complaints cosmetically anyhow. I haven't tried it yet and it may turn out to be made of cheese, who knows.
Screenshot_20221116-065204_AliExpress.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Yes I cut a couple of small brass gears with it. I'm happy with it. Prices seem to vary hugely but it appears to me the product is the same.

C$ 45.86 31%OFF | 22mm R8 Shank Milling Cutter Holder Milling Arbor Gear Mill Cutter Holder Toolholding
okay I'm going to buy one since I need to cut a lot more gears soon.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I hate aliexpress... processed my payment in USD
Ya and then then the actual amount charged to my credit card NEVER matches exactly to the invoice. I guess it's differences in exchange rates between the time they charge and the time they invoice?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Ya and then then the actual amount charged to my credit card NEVER matches exactly to the invoice. I guess it's differences in exchange rates between the time they charge and the time they invoice?

I use paypal (when offered) for AliExpress and have never had a discrepancy issue. CC charge in CAD usually goes through right away. You can have prices on AliExpress displayed in CAD.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I suspect that is a setup thing (resolvable). Mine displays in CAD & charges my CC in corresponding CAD, no FX conversion or surprises. Seems to me when I switched to CC from some other payment mode or maybe new CC#, I had to specify this. Or maybe I'm getting mixed up with Alipay which is for Alibaba but used by both? Sheesh I cant remember anymore but I have notes somewhere.

Every once in a while, maybe I clicked on a menu inadvertently, it looses its language marbles, the whole page displays in Dutch or Korean, including their currency. Usually its fixed by logging in again or worst clear browsing history/cookies. I've had this equivalent issue on other websites too, personally I think its usually a Chrome issue.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I use paypal (when offered) for AliExpress and have never had a discrepancy issue. CC charge in CAD usually goes through right away. You can have prices on AliExpress displayed in CAD.
They do display in CAD. BUT if you use certain credit cards then they revert to charging in USD.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

I usually hate them too. It isn't just the confused currency. This whole colour and size thing drives me crazy. It's like the system is designed for clothing - and it probably is! So does finding what you need. So do the descriptions and whacky disparency in shipping cost.

That's why I like to ask for info from someone who successfully got what they ordered and is happy with it. Sometimes the low cost is irresistible! I've generally ended up happy when I had a reference.

But like you say later, you really have to question your sanity when the price difference is low.