• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Anyone use or used a quick connect for welding gas?

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey folks,

Anyone using or have used a quick connect for welding gas? See pic:

51UWgH109NL._SL1280_.jpg

Since my bottles do not travel around with my table/welder I was thinking to hook up my hose with one of these to make the process of disconnecting the gas a little simpler each time I use the welder. Would also help with a switch back and forth between Mig gas and Argon for the Tig. I have my Oxy/Acet with the quick connects and it is super fast to put the torches together and then disassemble for storage.

Just wondering if there is any experiences good or bad using one on the shielding gas?

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I had some for my O/A Kangaroo Kart years ago. They worked fine. I seem to recall they were a tad bulky as I also had flashback arrestors on as well, but these days I think FBA are integrated into many torches. I don't have them anymore and my knowledge is 20+ years ago, but that was my experience.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I use one on my argon so I can swap betweeen air and argon (air for plasma cutter) on my multiprocess machine

I’m hesitant to put one on oxy/propane rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brent H

Ultra Member
Right on Kevin,

I gather the fitting is tight enough for the light airs of Argon? the Oxy/Acet ones work very well - fast change of torches - we have them on the ship without issue. The flame arrestors can get big but the small ones are also not an issue.

I was thinking about it as un-doing the hose all the time from the back of the welder is just a bit of wear and tear but there is also the contaminants from the surroundings I have to keep watch for etc. it is $40 for the connector and I may just see how it works out........

JimGnitecki

My Canaweld DC-AC TIG 201 Pulse D welder setup came from Canaweld with quick release fittings for the Argon gas line. Seems to work fine.

Brent H

Ultra Member
3BEDFAB4-56A4-47C2-8D6F-31373C1BE7DE.png @Hruul - sorry for the way late reply: it was on Amazon (see above) but seems to have increased in cost by $12. I also got a 30’ hose for it and it works great. Yes there is some small gas loss when you disconnect but it is pretty small. Very convenient to leave the bottles fixed to the wall and just run out the hose.