• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Anyone looking for a big lathe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbojones

I've found a 19x60 Summit lathe, complete with 220v matched VFD (good brand). Sounds like a decent unit....I just dont have the space/power to run it. $6k should take it and its not yet posted on Kijiji (that I am aware of).

Anyone interested? If so, PM me and I'll pass on the sellers info.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
For anyone who is interested: the location is Lac Labiche, 5 hours North. It is a large Summit lathe; It is 10 feet long by 4 feet deep by 5 feet high. It weighs 5000 pounds and appears to be in good shape. It has a 12" 3 jaw chuck, a 17" 4 jaw chuck and a taper attachment. There is no other tooling for it. It needs a 30A 220V 1PH supply, VFD included for the 7HP 3PH main motor.

The seller's name is Romeo, and seems like a nice fellow.
He can be reached at 780-623-8084

Thanks to Jimbojones for spotting it!

Attachments

• Lathe 1.jpg
    Lathe 1.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 25

Tom O

Ultra Member
I decided not to pursue this if it was closer maybe but by the time you add up all the costs you are probably just shy of $7000.00 so I'll continue on with the do-over on the garage, just the inside left to do, new panel to get put in with more 220 plugs, led lights, video survelance I already have it alarmed.
Here is the slideshow of the external transformation of the 20 + year old garage I had the extra gable put in for the video cams.
https://goo.gl/photos/hzUsoJjEcnTUXJod8

Last edited:

Tom O

Ultra Member
Thanks I was watching as it progressed looking for any shortcuts and found none, I was wondering though what the second gable would look like sticking out the side but it turns out to be a nice feature. I'll get a sparky in this week for the panel change over.

Status
Not open for further replies.