Anyone know where to source an acme threaded rod locally/Canada?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Does the diameter and thread pitch match the nut ? Any existing rod to compare to? Looks rusty are the threads rusty?

helen

Does the diameter and thread pitch match the nut ? Any existing rod to compare to? Looks rusty are the threads rusty?
I think the diameter and pitch match. I have had others check two of us get the same but one of us thinks the threads do not match inside the nut. No others to compare. Yes the nut is rusty but we have cleaned and lubed it.

Thanks for your help thus far.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Have you actually inserted an Acme pitch gauge into the nut?

If so, then the next thing to do is to run an Acme tap through the nut to 'chase' the threads to clean them up. I've seen where the threads have almost imperceptible damage at both ends of a nut but a very worn lead screw hid the deformities.

If not, it is the next step.

helen

I think the diameter and pitch match. I have had others check two of us get the same but one of us thinks the threads do not match inside the nut. No others to compare. Yes the nut is rusty but we have cleaned and lubed it.

Thanks for your help thus far.
We don't have access to those tools lol... trying to source them

helen

Awe thank you! I am in Kimberley. I got it now I had measured the rod diameter wrong! We are sorted...thanks for all your help